We're so into this white on white style Kim K. is rocking. Cool and sophisticated, it's the perfect trend for summer. Snagging this look is super easy, even if you're someone who usually shies away from white! Try pairing our white NOM Kate Zipper Tank with a long, crisp white blazer like this one from Zara and these skinny boyfriend jeans from Paige. Finish the look with a great pair of white leather pumps and a bright, punch-colored lipstick.
Maternity Blog by Belly Dance Maternity
When it's 95 degrees in the shade, all we want to do is head to the beach! Right now, we are loving the cute, retro vibe of this polka dot maternity bikini by Prego. We'd pair it with a great cover up like Splendid's Beachglass Tunic, and slip into Yosi Samra's super comfy flip flops. Of course, protection from the sun is key, so a good sunblock and extra-large floppy hat are must-haves. And who could resist a pre-beach mani/pedi with one of our favorite RGB nail polishes? Sand castles and cool waves, here we come!
Ah, summer. The time for vacations and babymoons is upon us. Whether you’re flying or road-tripping, let’s face it, traveling as a pregnant woman can be, well, a little more uncomfortable (Aisle seat, please!). We've put together some travel must-haves to help make your summer trips a little more pleasant. Check out our list, and let us know what essentials are in your carry-on!
1. Your doctor’s OK. If you’re planning to travel by air, before booking your flight, check with your doctor to make sure it’s safe for you to fly. She can also recommend simple exercises and stretches to help keep your blood circulating and prevent thrombosis and varicose veins.
2. A stylish but comfortable dress that won’t wrinkle easily. The NOM Dylan Maxi Dress, NOM Hailey Dress, and Tees By Tina Microstripe Dress are a few of our favorites.
3. Comfy shoes. Yosi Samra’s Ballet Flats go with everything and will make you feel like you’re walking around in slippers! If you’re prone to swelling or varicose veins, consider packing a more supportive pair of shoes or compression socks to wear when flying.
4. Lots of water. Staying hydrated is super important, especially when traveling. Bring an empty BPA free water bottle with you and fill it up once you pass through security!
5. Easy, healthy snacks. A banana and some hearty trail mix will keep you energized and help you avoid the expensive, processed foods that are usually available at the airport or gas stations. We love this trail mix recipe from Shape.com.
6. Earplugs or noise cancelling headphones for the airplane. For tired traveling mamas-to-be, shutting out the background noise can bring a sense of calm and help you get some zzz’s.
The Fourth of July is right around the corner, and we've picked out some of our favorite red, white and blue items to help get you in a patriotic state of mind! Whether you're headed to a backyard BBQ or plan to watch the fireworks at a swanky rooftop party, we've got you covered.
Oh, how we love stripes in the summer! They just make us feel all nautical inside! From dresses to swimsuits to accessories, these are some of our favorite stripey pieces.
We could rock this Kristin Cavallari look every day. It's chic and casual--and super easy to replicate. Start with our NOM Hailey Dress and add a structured denim blazer, classic handbag, and, for a little punch of color, these comfy Yosi Samra Neon Patent Flip Flops. p.s. The Hailey Dress also looks great all dressed up for a night on the town, too!
This Maternal America Halter Tie Dress is a Belly Dance favorite. The perfect Little Red Dress, it goes from day to night with just a simple swap of your accessories! For a lunch date or a day of shopping, we'd pair it with these cute Oxfords and a contrasting handbag. To take this dress out to dinner we love a pair of classic black pumps and an eye-catching clutch.
1. Vulli Lazare The Cat 2. Kissy Kissy Grey Essentials Stripe Footie 3. Angel Dear Flower Bunny Blankie 4. Aden & Anais Monster Mash Swaddling Blankets 5. Vulli So Pure Balls 6. Trumpette Ka-Pow Assorted Socks
If you're searching for the perfect gift for the new baby in your life, look no further! These are some of our absolute favorites and Belly Dance best sellers.
From shopping to eating to photography, these days you can literally find, buy, or track whatever you need right from the palm of your hand. Luckily for pregnant women, there are a variety of great apps to guide you through the next nine months.
There are apps that offer tools like weekly trackers that let you know what to expect each week of pregnancy and places to store information from your doctors’ visits such as your weight, ultrasound photographs, and fetal heart rate. Some apps focus on health information like drug safety lists, prenatal exercise, and nutrition guides, while others focus on practical matters like planning for the baby and packing a hospital bag. And then there are apps just for fun—think shower games you can play on your cell phone!
In addition to the pregnancy apps, we’re excited to see some new apps emerging for women trying to conceive. One such app, called Glow, currently pending approval in the Apple App Store, is designed to be a fertility tracker slash financial tool for would-be parents.
We love ABC News’ recent list of the 12 best apps covering conception to birth and beyond!
Just remember; most apps aren’t approved or monitored by medical professionals, so always check with your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about your pregnancy.
What are your favorite pregnancy apps?