One question we often receive is what are the best basics for working moms-to-be.Â Here are some ideasÂ about how to look professional and stylish at the same time.
- Basic Black Pant-This is an easy find.Â The big question is overbelly or underbelly.Â Our favorites are the Noppies Underbelly Maternity Pant for the first two trimesters and the Noppies Overbelly Maternity Pant for the last two trimesters.Â We also love the Olian Rolldown Vertigo Maternity Pant with a comfy band that rolls up or down on your belly.
- Â VersatileÂ Sweater-An easy sweater is a sure bet for work this fall, and you will also find yourself wearing it on weekends with jeans.Â Our picks are the Japanese Weekend Surplice Maternity Sweater and the Liz Lange Shawl Collar.
- Button Down Shirt-A business classic, you will find yourself pulling a maternity top such as the Duet Cameron Button Down from your closet often.
- Black Skirt-There are many silhouettes that can work in a business setting.Â For a pencil skirt, the Noppies NYC Maternity Skirt cannot be beat.Â For a clean, pleated body, the Duet Microtwill Skirt is a favorite.
- Wrap Top-A wrap top is a great choice for work, as it also provides the option to wear with pants or denim out on the town.Â Diane von Furstenberg Leonetina is an easy choice, as well as the Olian Floral Teal Wrap.