Sunday, October 22, 12-5 pm.Â Our Highland Park, IL store is hosting an eventÂ to shop for yourÂ baby.Â Featuring infant and toddler clothing by Kee-Ka and Jelligoods, as well as baby gifts and nursery decor by Essemade.Â Join us at our event and enjoy 10% off all diaper bags that day.
Maternity Blog by Belly Dance Maternity
For those committed to eating organic and using organic products, we have the ideal guide for your pregnancy.Â Written by one of our customers, The Complete Organic Pregnancy lets you know everything from which foods you should be eating to which cleaning products to avoid to which beauty products are best when expecting.Â
Buy this book.
Do you ever feel that you can't bear to wear anything other than your husband's sweatpants?Â Worry no more-the legging trend has made its way into the maternity world.Â Olian and 3Dots have leggings that are not only comfortable for your expanding belly, but super stylish as well.Â Pair with a tunic and high boots or wear under your favorite dress with flats.Â Leggings are a (welcome) must-have for fall.
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard are now the proud parents of a baby girl.Â Ramona made an early entrance on the evening of October 3rd.Â She was not scheduled to arrive for another two weeks.Â We hope to see them around the neighborhood soon.
As a community of women, it is important to us to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month and share some of our favorite ways to contribute.
- Pink M&M's-Buy a special bag of pink M&M's and 35-50 cents per bag goes to the Susan B. Komen Breast CancerÂ Foundation.Â Available through November.
- Pink Buys-Shop from those who support The Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation with donations.Â Shop through the month of October.Â Visit Pink Buys to see a list of places to shop.
- Pink Ducky-Soothe your aching back in the bath with a special edition pink rubber ducky from Munchkin and proceeds will go to the Susan B. Komen Breast CancerÂ Foundation.Â Visit Munchkin's Project Pink to learn more.
One of the most frequent questions we receive is about designer denimÂ and how to choose a maternity jean.Â It can be difficult to navigate denim brands, so here is a briefÂ lowdown on the latest maternity designer denim:
- Serfontaine Maternity Jean-Recently voted best maternity jean by Fit Pregnancy for a long inseam, we vote Serfontaine for many body types.Â More forgiving fitÂ with a true vintage feel, theÂ comfortable ribbed underbelly band and room through the thigh make Serfontaine an easy choice.Â Â Serfontaine's "rope stitch" hasÂ helped define the brand's hipÂ style and unbeatableÂ cache.
- Habitual Maternity Jean-Habitual has many selling points, but its true point of difference is its underbelly fit with no band.Â Habitual has managed to make a maternity jean without a band by using an internal elastic waistbandÂ that expandsÂ with your belly.Â The straighter legÂ and Habitual logo pockets make these a favorite.Â No wonder celebs like Katie Holmes, Heidi Klum, Britney, and Jennifer Garner made these their choice.
- Chip & Pepper Maternity Jean-Chip & Pepper makes a well-fit jean with a bootleg fit.Â The underbelly band is only in front, and many customers prefer not having a band all the way around.Â This has become one of our most popular maternity jeans, and there is also a fabulous and comfortable pencil skirt.
- Paper Denim & Cloth Maternity Jeans-The dark, clean wash and soft underbelly band make this a favorite.Â In addition, the simple Paper Denim pockets add to the sophisticated choice.
Coming Soon:Â Paige Premium Denim straight leg, bootleg, and skinny maternity jeans.Â
Now that you are pregnant, we can't resist sharing our favorite ideas to satisfy your cravings.Â Â Â Kozy Shack Pudding has all of the flavor with none of the guilt.Â With no sugar added and flavors like Rice, Chocolate, Tapioca, and Flan, this is a snack that can't be beat.
Our customers are loving Belly Bars.Â They are the perfect snack and provide you with key prenatal vitamins.Â Stop by our stores and stock up on your favorite flavor.Â Available in Chocolate Toffee Crisp, Crunchy NutsÂ & Berries, and Oat Graham & Almonds.
Personally tested by our team, Karrie Adamany is the best resource for post-pregnancy pilates.Â Her pilates studio, Centered,Â in New York City is totally focused on women.Â And Karrie's book, Post-Pregnancy Pilates, is a great guide for body after baby.